What Exactly Does a Gastro Doctor Do? Find Out…
A gastro doctor or gastroenterologist is a medical specialist who is skilled in detecting and treating gastrointestinal diseases. Having in mind that some gastrointestinal diseases can be life-threatening, you should be keen when choosing your gastro doctor.
Let’s face it; when it comes to medical treatment and our overall wellbeing, there should be no chance for mistakes. And trust me, the road to successful GI treatments and recoveries starts by choosing the right doctor. So, if you are new to the topic or you are searching for the best gastro doctor near me, take the time to understand what these specialists do first.
This article is meant to highlight the main responsibilities of a gastroenterologist at Gastro Star, one of the best gastro treatment centers in San Antonio. Read on…
- Colonoscopy – This is a procedure that the doctors perform to examine the large intestines and rectum. Where the doctors detect abnormalities, they will remove some tissue and polyps during this procedure for more advance tests.
- Endoscopy – For this type of procedure, the gastro doctor will insert the tube and camera through the mouth for purposes of examining the patient’s upper digestive system. The procedure will detect problems of the upper GI organs, esophagus, stomach and gall bladder.
- Ultrasounds, X-Rays, CT scans and MRI – Imaging of the GI tract is also an important part of any gastro doctor’s work.
- Blood tests – In some cases, the doctors will prescribe blood tests. A blood test will detect gastrointestinal disorders like stomach ulcers, inflammatory bowel diseases and stomach cancers.
- Minor tests – Other than the above procedures, there is a long list of procedures that can be done at your gastro clinic. Stool culture, fecal immunochemical tests, and breathing tests are jut but a few other tests you can expect.
Well, there you have it! But first, before selecting your ideal gastro specialist near me, always remember that professionalism is key and so are qualifications. That is why the gastroenterologists at Gastro Star clinic will come up with management and/or treatment options depending on each patient’s analysis. This basically means that there is no need to worry in the event that you test positive for any GI complications. The treatment center has capable gastro doctors to ensure your condition is managed and/or cured if possible.